Objective: To obtain a teaching position at the primary or secondary level that utilizes my passion for the visual arts and my strengths in creating a collaborative and caring school community.
Education and Credentials:
Master of Arts in Teaching:
Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri: 2008
Bachelor of Science in Art Education:
Winona State University, Winona, Minnesota: 1995
State of Minnesota Teaching Credential, K-12 Visual Art
International School of Brussels- Brussels, Belgium 08/2011-Present
- Courses taught: International Baccalaureate Art, Studio Art, Textile and Fashion Design
- Experience in developing and implementing criterion based assessment
- Head of high school visual arts department, experienced in budgeting, voicing the needs of the department to the head of school, and developing curriculum.
- Blackboard, web-based learning program
- Power Grade, web-based grade book
- Girls’ JV Basketball
Francine Delany New School for Children- Asheville, NC 4/2011-6/2011
- One on one aide for 7th grade student, monitoring the student’s behavior and academic progress.
American International School Dhaka- Dhaka, Bangladesh 8/2006-6/2010
- Courses taught: AP Studio Art, International Baccalaureate Art, Art 1, Digital Photography and Film Editing, Printmaking, Sculpture and Mixed Media
- Experienced in Understanding by Design curriculum writing and Atlas Rubicon curriculum mapping
- Head of high school visual arts department, experienced in budgeting, voicing the needs of the department to the head of school, developing curriculum and implementing the International Baccalaureate art curriculum. (3 years)
- Lead Advisor 12th grade (3 years)
- Co-Leader Streetwise service learning and Green Art groups (2 years)
- Power school, the web-based student information system
- Atlas Rubicon, WikiSpaces, Adobe Photoshop, and iMovie
- Head girls’ volleyball (3 years) and basketball coach (2 years).
- Assistant girls’ volleyball (1 year) and basketball coach (2 years)
Organization of Special Events:
- School-wide art fair and faculty art show
- Graduation, Prom, and the 12th grade class trip
- SAISA art festival, which includes schools from the South Asian Region
American School of the Hague- Wassenaar, Netherlands 8/1995- 6/2004
- Courses taught: 5th-8th grade visual art and physical education, AP Studio Art, International Baccalaureate Art, Art 1
- Co-Chair fine arts accreditation committee
- Co-leader of the visual arts curriculum review
- Lead 11th grade advisor (3 years)
- Middle school track and field (3 years)
- Varsity girls’ volleyball (4 years) and varsity boys’ volleyball (3 years)
- Varsity girls’ basketball (8 years) and slow pitch softball (2years)
Organization of Special Events:
- Middle school class trips
- School-wide art fair
- High School Prom
Professional Development and Organizations:
Penland School of Crafts- Penland, NC.
- Two week intensive course in printmaking (2008, 2010)
- Two week intensive course in textile surface design (2007)
International Baccalaureate (IB) Conferences- Mumbai, India, Rome, Italy, London, England
- Conferences to collaborate with other art educators in order to gain understanding in how to effectively implement the IB visual arts curriculum.
ELMLE Conferences- Stockholm, Sweden, Budapest, Hungary
- A yearly conference that conducted a variety of workshops concerned with middle level education.
Member of the National Art Education Association
References supplied on request